Some Kind of Intimacy - 2021
A filmmaker tries to communicate with sheep living where his parents are buried.
– edited and produced by Isidore Bethel / directed and produced by Toby Bull
– Visions du Réel (International Medium Length & Short Film Competition), Short Waves Festival (International Competition), First Look (Museum of the Moving Image), Pärnu Film Festival, DokuFest (International Dox: Shorts), Flickers’ Rhode Island International Film Festival (shorts competition), EXiS Experimental Film and Video Festival in Seoul (Ex-Now Competition), Tirana Film Festival (shorts competition), Reykjavík International Film Festival, Hamptons International Film Festival, Aesthetica Short Film Festival, Tacoma Film Festival, Indie Memphis, Festifreak La Plata International Independent Film Festival, Black Canvas Contemporary Film Festival (Young Canvas Best International Short Film Award), Viennale
– 6 minutes
– Screen Anarchy: “Toby Bull achieves some kind of intimacy or the fraternity of orphanhood in less than six minutes with his wonderful short film ‘Some Kind of Intimacy.’”
– ForReel Movies: “At less than 6 minutes long, director Toby Bull’s ‘Some Kind of Intimacy’ packs a potent dose of emotional value into a short runtime.”
– FilmExplorer: “This minimalist film is huge, for it seizes a just intuition, a sort of vision.”